If a student is having trouble logging in to a MOODLE exam:
1) If the student has just changed the pass phrase within the last half hour, then their old PIN may still work… There is a short lag time between when a student changes their pass phrase in myLane and when it populates over to MOODLE.
2) Check to make sure the L# has 8 numbers–it is common for students to type too many or too few zeros.
3) Remind students that it is case-sensitive–meaning, that it matters if you used capital or lower-case letters.
34) There should be at least one letter and one number in the pass phrase.
5) The old PIN was only the first 6 characters–now students have to type in the whole pass phrase.
6) Have the student log in to myLane using the pass phrase.
7) If you have done all of the above and the student still cannot access MOODLE, then we should try to call Enrollment Services and have the pass phrase re-set–you can call me and I will do this.
8) If a student is not able to access an exam due to a pass phrase issue, then please call me so I can try to help and make sure to Email the Instructor to document that the student was here.
Thanks for your help with this!