Problems with PIN’s/Logging in to MOODLE
If a student has trouble remembering her or his ExressLane PIN when trying to login to Moodle for a computer test, or if you are having trouble trying to Log them into a computer test, then here are some things to try:
1) Remember that MOODLE will only take PINs that are 6 characters.
2) Just like in ExpressLane the PIN’s are case-sensitive, which means if it contains upper and/or lower case letters, then it will make a difference–it needs to be entered exactly as the student originally entered it.
3)Double check the L#–make sure all 8 numbers are entered correctly.4) Try having the student enter his or her birthdate–2 digit month, day and year, OR just the first 6 characters of their PIN, if they are thinking it is more than 6 characters.
5) Have the student lookup their PIN question–using the computer in Cubicle X (TELL THE STUDENT NOT TO RE-SET THEIR PIN).
6) Check to make sure it’s not really a WRITTEN test the student needs.
7) If a student hits return after entering their PIN and it does not let them login, then have them re-enter the PIN (without hitting return).
8) If you’ve tried all of the above, we may need to have the student re-set their PIN. They can reset their PIN using the computer in Cubicle X. When the student re-sets their PIN, it may take several hours till the next update. PIN updates are at 5am, Noon, 4pm and 11PM. They start 5 minutes after the hour and typically, they’re finished within 15 minutes.